My Shelfari Bookshelf

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile
Mommy’s Kitchen

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome!

Hello friends!  Over the next few days, I will be combining the posts from my other blogs into one location.  In this blog, I will be focusing on two of my very favorite things ... cooking and reading.  In the links above you will find a list of recipes I've tried and love, a sample of the cakes and cupcakes I have decorated, a list of cookbooks that I use with recommended recipes, reviews of the novels I read (both good and bad), and a selection of my favorite children's stories.

To tell you a little about me ...
I am a mother and a teacher.  I'm in school for my Masters of Education degree.  I'm in a moms' group and a dinner book club.  I love cooking for events with both of these groups.  I don't always have a lot of time to cook and read, but when I do, I thoroughly enjoy it.  As my life has progressed and changed, so has my cooking style.  Lately I've been in the mood to perfect some old recipes and try several new ones.  I'm new to the world of food blogging, but I look forward to sharing with all of you!

I primarily cook main dishes and desserts.  Lately I've seen a few recipes for side dishes that sound delicious, so hopefully I'll be able to add in a few of those as well.  Most of the recipes I will include are appropriate for dinner for a family of four.  I generally do not create recipes on my own.  I find them in a variety of places.  I will include the original locations of all recipes.

I enjoy reading mystery novels, especially cozy mysteries.  Many of my favorite novels include a culinary aspect of some sort.  All of my reviews will be spoiler-free, so feel free to read the entire review even if you have not read the story.  You will find a collection of books from my favorites as well as new authors.

My son and I love to read together.  I will be including a list of our favorite stories.  There will also be a sample of books we read in my classroom.  We read so many books that it would be impossible for me to include them all.  The selection you see will be our favorites.  They will all be picture books that are appropriate for very young children.  My son is two and my grade is Pre-K (4's and 5's).

I'm really excited about launching this blog!  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I will enjoy writing it!  Please make sure you click to follow the blog.  Also check out some of my favorite blogs listed in my profile.  Don't be afraid to sign up for a Google Friend Connect account.  There are so many great blogs out there to follow!  Please check back over the next few days.  I will be posting quite a bit as I get everything transferred over here.

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment