My Shelfari Bookshelf

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile
Mommy’s Kitchen

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Recipe: Easy Deviled Eggs

So many recipes for deviled eggs have a long list of ingredients.  They're all yummy and usually not too difficult to make.  However, when feeding picky eaters, less is usually best.  I made these for a Christmas party last night.  When I told the girls what I was bringing, I heard questions such as, "Do you put onions in your eggs?" or "I don't like too much mayonnaise.  Do you put more mayonnaise or mustard?"  Deviled eggs seem to be something lots of people have an opinion about.

I don't remember where I originally found this recipe.  It's the first deviled egg recipe I tried and I still use it.  I never have any left over at the end of the night and I always receive many compliments.  It's the perfect combination of mayonnaise and mustard with no fussy ingredients.  You're sure to love them!


Easy Deviled Eggs
12 eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup mustard 
paprika to sprinkle

Hard boil the eggs and then let cool long enough to be able to handle them.  Peel the eggs.  Cut in half lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a bowl.  I like to rinse the whites after I scoop everything out.  If you do this, make sure there is no excess water left in them before you add the yolk mixture.  Use a fork to mash the yolks until they will be able to be easily mixed.  Add the mayonnaise and mustard.  I like to add a little paprika into this part as well.  It adds a little color and texture.  Scoop the mixture into a pastry bag.  Use any tip that you like, just make sure the opening is wide enough to allow any chunks to fit through.  Fill each white using whatever method or pattern that you like.  Sometimes I try a spiral pattern.  Sometimes I fill them like a mountain, leaving a peak at the top.  This particular mixture is not as thick as some, so it may not stand up in a design without running together.  Once filled, sprinkle a little paprika on the top of each one.  I pour some into my hand and then use my fingers to sprinkle.  It helps to keep it off the whites and the plate.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Those were sooooo good! i am defintly gonna try making them!

    ReplyDelete